Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On Learning What It Means to be a Woman

I remember when I talked too loudly
You looked angry.
I remember when I felt too strongly
You were shocked.
I remember when I dreamed too selfishly
You shook your head.
I remember when I cut my hair off
You were quite put out.
I remember when I questioned beauty
You were confused.
I remember when I got too angry
You were annoyed.
I remember when I didn’t listen
You were horrified.
I remember when I spoke instead
You thought me undignified.
I remember when I put my head down
You were satisfied.

Sarah Sanders '11

2 comments:

  1. I love your poems!! They are beautiful and poignant...and so appropriate seeing how it's National Poetry Month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kaela!! I love you :) thanks for reading. :) And I didn't know it was Poetry Month!! good to know.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!